INNOVATIVE APPROACHES OF CABARRUS, ROWAN AND UNION COUNTIES
A program from the State of North Carolina Dept of Public Health, Children and Youth branch; to bring Families of Children and Youth with Special Needs and Community Partners working together to make Systems Change.
The five objectives of the Innovative Approaches Initiative are:
- Families of children and youth with special health care needs will partner in decision making at all levels and will be satisfied with the services they receive.
- All children and youth with special health care needs will receive coordinated, ongoing, and comprehensive care within a medical home.
- All children will be screened early and continuously for special health care needs.
- Services for children & youth with special health care needs & their families will be organized in ways that families can use them easily.
- All children and youth with special health care needs will receive the services necessary to make appropriate transitions.
Innovative Approaches aims:
- To foster & support community strategies to create effective systems of care for families of children & youth with special health care needs
- To identify promising practices
- To help disseminate these practices to other communities
Parent Advisory Councils meet quarterly in each of the 3 counties to work on the needs, gaps and solutions in our communities. Would you like more information on how you can get involved? Fill out this submission form:
A Family Resource for Youth with Brain Disorders